Saturday 25th January 2020                                                                                            Staines Town 1 Tooting and Mitcham 1 


With a much improved performance this afternoon, Tooting will be wondering how they failed to come away from Wheatsheaf Lane with all three points after dominating most of the final sixty minutes of today’s game.


Tooting made a bright and were quick to take the game to their hosts. However on 19 minutes, with pretty much Staines Town’s first attack of the game, a clumsy tackle from Razzaq Coleman on the far left edge of the penalty area, saw the referee point immediately to the spot, from where Klajdi Cani sent James Shaw the wrong way to put The Swans one up. Ten minutes later though the Terrors were back on level terms after Jamarie Brissett (obscured in our photo), converted from close range following some good work out on the left from Danny Bassett. He could’ve had a second, four minutes later, however on this occasion, he blasted over from 12 yards out after a pass played across the penalty area from Sketch Sadiku. The goal though seemed to inspire Tooting to a greater level and for the closing ten or fifteen minutes of the half, the Staines goal was very much under siege, with both Ahkeem Belford and Donati Stewart having great efforts ( a long range shot and a close range header) pushed over the bar by home ‘keeper, Jacob Adams. However despite the pressure there were no further additions to the scoreline before the break. HT: Staines Town 1, TMUFC 1


Tooting started the second half as they had ended the first and took the game to their hosts as they looked to win the game. Jamarie Brissett was a constant threat, penetrating down the right hand side throughout the second half whilst Razzaq Coleman and Danny Bassett combined well to cause problems down the left, and Dominic Morgan-Griffiths orchestrated things from the centre of midfield. Despite this pressure though, whenever Tooting had a sight on goal it appeared that they picked out ‘keeper Jacob Adams who got behind everything that the Terrors could throw at him. The closest Tooting came to snatching the game was deep into stoppage time when substitute Luis De Sousa, making his first senior appearance, was played in however he dragged his effort agonisingly wide of the upright from about ten yards out. FT: Staines Town 1, TMUFC 1 Att 139


TMUFC line up; James Shaw, Dean Hamlin, Sol Patterson-bohner, Ahkeem Belford, George Ademiluyi, Razzaq Coleman, Shkelqim Sadiku (Dominc Odusanya 69), Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Jamarie Brissett, Dontai Stewart (Luis De Sousa 76), Danny Bassett, Unused subs; Alex Filipe, Junior Timte, Antonio Simeone

Wednesday 22nd January 2020                                                                                                Erith Town 2 Tooting and Mitcham 1 


Erith Town deservedly won their way through to the semi-finals of the London Senior Cup last night with a last gasp victory over Tooting & Mitcham Utd. Despite looking the inferior side in the opening forty five minutes, Erith Town came out for the second half with great tenacity, effort and organisation, generating a level of intensity throughout the period that the Terrors simply were unable to match on the night.


As the match kicked off, Tooting were quick out of the blocks and got off to a flying start. They took the lead on just 8 minutes when a high ball played out over the top found the feet of Dominic Morgan-Griffiths (pictured) on the edge of the Dockers’ penalty area. He controlled the ball and moved on at pace in one move, taking the ball across the face of the penalty, between defenders, before finding the angle he wanted to take his shot which he kept low and into the back of the net. Tooting continued to be the dominant team however a combination of a little complacency and some determined defending meant that they were unable to add to their early goal before the break. HT: Erith Town 0, TMUFC 1


The second half was a totally different affair. Erith Town came out with a far more determined approach than they had done in the opening half and much of the second period was played in the Tooting half. The Terrors still looked a threat when they broke forward however despite forcing the home ‘keeper into a couple of good saves, it was Erith who were having most of the possession with Tooting relying on fast breaks when their opponent’s attacks broke down. The hosts eventually drew level on 65 minutes when Ralique Lawrence was quick to react to a weak back pass, getting to the pull just ahead of James Shaw to stick it into the back of the net. The home side continued to press and finally got their reward in the 90th minute, just as it looked like the game was heading towards a penalty shoot out, when Danny Phillips picked up the ball from the edge of the box, was allowed time and space, and sent a low curling left footed shoot past James Shaw into the bottom corner to send the Dockers through to the semi final. FT: Erith Town 2, TMUFC 1


TMUFC line up; James Shaw, Dean Hamlin, Antonio Simeone (Shkelqim Sadiku 71), Ahkeem Belford, George Ademiluyi (Junior Timite 71), Razzaq Coleman, Kyrique Garvey-Williams (Daryl Coleman 46), Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Jamrie Brissett, Danny Bassett, Hady Ghandour, Unused subs; Sol Patterson-Bohner, Luis De Sousa


Saturday 18th January 2020                                                                                           Tooting & Mitcham 6 FC Romania 0


It was a game of two halves at the Campus Society Stadium this afternoon as Tooting returned to winning ways in front of a home crowd in some style, as they took on FC Romania


Centre back Ahkeem Belford opened the scoring for the Terrors in the 6th minute. It came from a Jamarie Brissett corner out on the right which was floated in to the edge of the six yard box. Antonio Simeone was first to make a challenge but as the ball dropped free, Belford was the first to react, with his back partially towards goal, he acrobatically hooked it left footed from about seven yards out, keeping it down towards the ground and into the goal. The second goal for Tooting came on 20 minutes and was an own goal scored by Lawrence Nzurubu who could only fire the ball into the roof of his own net with his left foot as he attempted to clear a ball played in from the right, a couple of yards out from his own goal line. On the half hour mark it was 3-0 as Jamarie Brissett was set free down the right hand side courtesy of a spectacular overhead pass/clearance from George Ademiluyi. Once Brissett was in the clear and closing in in goal, given the accuracy of his finishing in recent weeks there was only ever going to be one outcome as he drove the ball past ‘keeper Adrian Darabant. Three minutes later, Tooting scored their fourth, this time with Jamarie Brissett as the provider, floating in a free kick from the right which was met by a late run and powerful header from Ahkeem Belford, scoring his second of the game. On 42 minutes, four became five as a long raking pass from George Ademiluyi over the top of the Wolves’ backline found Connor French. The Tooting striker held off his defender before running clear and comfortably slotting the ball past Darabant from just inside the box. And there was still more to come before the break. Deep into first half stoppage time, a good run and cross from Razzaq Coleman down the left, found Danny Bassett about 15 yards out from goal. The Terrors leading scorer turned and struck the ball in one move, firing home a left footed shot, right into the bottom corner of the net. HT: TMUFC 6 FC Romania 0


If Terrors’ fans thought they were in for a further deluge of goals in the second half, then they were to be disappointed. Although the visitors gave it their all, Tooting pretty much dominated proceedings once again however they were unable to add to their tally, never reaching the same level of intensity that they’d generated in the opening forty five minutes, spurning two or three good goal scoring opportunities as their finishing became sloppy and complacent. However nothing could take away from the first half performance which ensured that the Terrors took all three points, going up one place to fourth in the league. FT: TMUFC 6, FC Romania 0 Att 275

TMUFC line up; James Shaw, Dean Hamlin, Ahkeem Belford, Antonio Simeone, George Ademiluyi, Razzaq Coleman, Daryl Coleman (Kyrique Garvey-Williams 46) Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Jamarie Brissett (Ainsley Everett 74), Connor French (Alex Filipe 84) Danny Bassett, Unused suns; Ermis Mezini, Morgan Campbell




Saturday 11th January 2020                                                                            Tooting and Mitcham 1 Uxbridge 2


It was a disappointing performance from the Terrors at the Campus Society Stadium this afternoon, as they slumped to their second consecutive home defeat, after conceding in the opening five minutes for the third home game in succession.

The damage was done today as early as the 3rd minute. Tooting had started brightly however a defensive mix up following Uxbridge’s first foray forward saw Callum Bunting put the visitors ahead. Tooting fought back well though and as is often the case began to look dangerous attacking Uxbridge down both flanks, with Danny Bassett and Jamarie Brissett looking the most dangerous. Tooting had to wait until the 29th minute though before they deservedly got themselves back into the game. It came following a powerful run from Connor French into the left hand side of the Uxbridge penalty area. His endeavour deserved more however it seemed to have come to nothing as the visitors appeared to have successfully cleared the danger however the ball fell to Danny Bassett who was lurking on the edge of the penalty area. As the ball came to him, the Tooting striker lashed an unstoppable right footed shot that flew past a forest of defenders, beating ‘keeper Paul McCarthy at his near post, before burying itself in the back of the net to put the Terrors on level terms. HT: TMUFC 1, Uxbridge 1


A tactical change at the interval saw George Ademiluyi replace wing back Razzaq Coleman as the Terrors reverted to a more traditional 4-4-2 set up for the second period. Despite plenty of possession and continued pressure down the flanks from Bassett and Brissett, and Connor French through the middle, Tooting were unable to create any decisive scoring opportunities. The killer blow came on 71 minutes as the Terrors were caught on the break. Attacking quickly down the Tooting left, Mark Bitmead closed in on goal before slotting the ball past James Shaw, to ensure that all three points today went back to West London. FT: TMUFC 1, Uxbridge 2 Att 256


TMUFC line up; James Shaw, Dean Hamlin, Sol Patterson-bohner, Ahkeem Belford, Jamarie Brissett, Razzaq Coleman (George Ademiluyi 46), Daryl Coleman, Kyrique Garvey-Williams (David Castanho 72), Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Connor French (Ainsley Everett 76), Danny Bassett, Unused subs; Junior Timite, Pedro Moco



Tuesday 7th January 2020                                                                 Chalfont St Peter 1 Tooting and Mitcham 4

Tooting kept the pressure up on the four teams currently sitting above them with a comfortable away victory last night at Chalfont St Peter.


The Terrors dominated the opening period right from the off and it took just 7 minutes for them to break the deadlock. Having won a corner out on the left, the ball was floated in to the edge of the six yard box by Didi Castanho. The initial problems for Chalfont were caused by Antonio Simeone who got his head to the ball but was unable to direct it into goal. However as the ball dropped to the ground inside the six yard box, in the scramble that ensued, it was Connor French who got to the ball first, forcing it over the line for his first goal since returning to the stripes. The lead was then doubled 14 minutes later, with what along with Razzaq Coleman’s early season effort, must rank as a prime contender for goal of the season. It came from a Danny Bassett break down the left wing. As he neared the penalty area he pulled back a deep ball right across the penalty area in the direction of Dominic Morgan-Griffiths who was waiting just a couple of yards outside the 18 yard box. The ball from Bassett dropped just in front of the Tooting midfielder but he kept his eye on it as it bounced up high, allowing him to control it on his chest and strike it first time on the volley as it dropped, sending a late dipping shot, over the ‘keeper and into the roof of the net. There was a third for Tooting deep in first half stoppage time as a powerful run into the penalty area from Connor French saw his effort saved by the ‘keeper, only for Danny Bassett to strike home the rebound from close range. The only downside in the first half was a nasty looking gash to the head of Hady Ghandour about five minutes before the break. Although the Tooting youngster was patched up and saw out the opening period, he was withdrawn at half time so that he could be taken to hospital for further treatment. HT: Chalfont St Peter 0, TMUFC 3I

If Tooting expected their hosts to roll over in the second half then they were in for a surprise as the Chalfont youngsters put in a spirited second forty five minutes, and for the most part, had as much of the game as Tooting. They finally ran out of steam though when Tooting scored their fourth with just 9 minutes of the game remaining. The goal stemmed from a long, raking, diagonal ball from Antonio Simeone from deep inside his own half. It found Jamarie Brissett out wide on the right. As the ball dropped right on his feet, the young Tooting wing back took the ball first time in his stride, beat the full back as he ran diagonally towards goal before poking the ball past the advancing ‘keeper to put the game out of reach. There was a consolation goal for Chalfont St Peter in the third minute of added time. It came from a bizarre attempted back pass from Danny Bassett who much to everyone’s surprise, tried to lob the ball back to ‘keeper James Shaw from just inside his own half. Unfortunately the ball only made the edge of the penalty area where it was intercepted by Dan Williams who had no problem in sticking it in the back of the Terrors’ net. FT: Chalfont St Peter 1, TMUFC 4 Att 83


TMUFC line up; James Shaw, George Ademiluyi, Ahkeem Belford, Dean Hamlin, Antonio SimeoneDaryl Coleman (Kyrique Garvey-Williams 63), Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, David Castanho, Hady Ghandour (Jamarie Brissett 46), Connor French (Razzaq Coleman 69), Danny Bassett, Unused subs; Sol Patterson-Bohner, Junior Timite

Saturday 4th January 2020                                                                                                Northwood 0 Tooting and Mitcham 1 


Tooting returned to winning ways at Northwood this afternoon however they left it late as they once again struggled to break down the opposition defence, despite dominating for most of the game and particularly in the first half.


With a starting eleven that showed four changes (including all three strikers) to the side that slumped at home to Chipstead last weekend, Tooting got off to a much more positive start with Razzaq Coleman once again causing problems down the left flank whilst Jamarie Brissett did similar down the right. A slight change in formation with an additional player in the centre of midfield allowed Dominic Morgan-Griffiths to take on a much freer, attacking role and unsurprisingly, he was frequently causing difficulties for the Wood’s defence through the middle, whilst the sheer strength of Connor French and his ability to hold up and shield the ball, gave the Northwood defence problems of a different sort to worry about. Despite the first half dominance though Tooting were unable to make the breakthrough and efforts on goal were restricted to a couple of strikes from outside the box, both of which were high and failed to trouble Chris Rackley in the Northwood goal. HT: Northwood 0, TMUFC 0


The second half wasn’t quite so one side in terms of possession as Northwood began to apply some pressure to the Terrors’ goal. However the backline held strong and kept the home team at bay despite the fact that they were now coming more into the game. An early second half substitution saw Hady Ghandour replace Connor French for the final 35 minutes and just five minutes later, Danny Bassett entered the game, replacing Junior Timite. When Didi Castanho then replaced Dominic Morgan-Griffiths for the final quarter of an hour, the Terrors reverted to the formation that had worked so well for them for most of the season and they began to turn the pressure up once again. Their cause was helped when Northwood were reduced to ten men 11 minutes from the end following a heavy tackle from full back Bradley Kauzeni on Danny Bassett. Tooting’s perseverance finally paid off in the 87th minute with a move involving the two substitute strikers as Danny Bassett put Hady Ghandour in the clear and as he closed in on goal and shot from the edge of the box, whilst ‘keeper Chris Rackley appeared to get two hands to the ball, the young striker’s effort was too powerful for him to keep out. FT: Northwood 0, TMUFC 1 Att 165

TMUFC lineup; James Shaw Dean Hamlin, Sol Patterson-bohner Ahkeem Belford, Jamarie Brissett, Razzaq Coleman, Daryl Coleman, Kyrique Garvey-Williams, Dominic Morgan Griffiths (David Castanho 71), Connor French (Hady Ghandour 54), Junior Timite (Danny Bassett 60), Unused subs; George Ademiluyi, Antonio Simeone