Tuesday 1st September 2020                                           Merstham FC 1 Tooting & Mitcham 0 


In a hard fought, physical contest, the Terrors narrowly lost out to Merstham last night as they continued their pre-season campaign. Whilst Tooting had plenty of possession during the game, they failed to create too many clear cut opportunities.

The only goal of the contest went to the home side in the 53rd minute after a defensive slip on Tooting's left hand side allowed the ball to be crossed from close to the bye line, to be met by the head of Bobby Mills, who netted, unchallenged, from close range. Merstham could have doubled their lead just two minutes later however 'keeper Gary Ross somehow managed to keep out EJ Mensah's point blank range header, with his feet. FT Merstham 1, TMUFC 0



TMUFC line up: Gary Ross (James Shaw 68), Nathan Daly, Sinn'kaye Christie, Ahkeem Belford (dean Hamblin 68), George Ademiluyi (Abz Sahnoun 78), Jamarie Brissett (Mo Sahnoun 78), Daryl Coleman (Noah Kelo 78), Mark Waters, Kelvin Adjei (Dontai Stewart 62), Duncan Culley (Jake Rose 62), Levi Phillips (Danny Williams 62)


Saturday 22nd August                                                       Three Bridges 2 - 3 Tooting & Mitcham 



Tooting made it three wins from three in pre-season after coming back from behind twice to snatch victory with a performance that was more gritty than pretty, as they took on a strong and well organized Three Bridges side this afternoon in their toughest test of the summer so far.

It was the hosts, with three former Terrors in their squad today in the shape of Lee Hall, Troy Williams and Jordan Wilson, who had the better of the opening exchanges and took the lead on 21 minutes with a long range effort that flew across the angle of the penalty area and into the top left corner of keeper James Shaw’s goal. Tooting hit back quickly though and were back on level terms just seven minutes later. The goal came following some good work down the right hand side from Dan Williams and Jamarie Brissett. Brissett’s deep cross found Mark Waters, whose downward header from around 10 yards out, eluded everyone as it bounced into the back of the net. HT: Three Bridges 1, TMUFC 1


There was an earlier than expected change to the Terrors line up in the second half as just a couple of minutes after the re-start, Kladji Cani limped out of the game to be replaced by Dontai Stewart. There were further changes to the line up on 52 minutes as Abz Sahnoun replaced his twin brother Mo and there was a further taste of senior action for youngster Pharrell Mensah who took over one of the central midfield spots from goalscorer Mark Waters. Unfortunately for Tooting, just two minutes after the substitutions, some poor defending saw the hosts once again edge their noses in front. On 62 minutes, there were three further changes to the Terrors’ line up as Dan Williams, Sinn’kaye Christie and James Shaw were all replaced with Kelvin Adjei, Levi Phillips and Gary Ross all taking the field. On 68 minutes it was one of those substitutes, Kelvin Adjei, who drew the Terrors level once again as he ghosted in at the near post to guide the ball home from a Dontai Stewart corner. With both teams making multiple substitutions, it was the Terrors who were now finishing the game the stronger and with just three minutes of the ninety remaining, it was another of the replacements who snatched victory for Tooting as Levi Phillips reacted quicker than any of the home defenders, following a great double save by the Three Bridges ‘keeper, to poke the ball home from about 7 yards out. FT: Three Bridges 2, TMUFC 3


TMUFC lineup;

James Shaw (Gary Ross 62), Dean Hamblin (Hamzah Williams 69), Sinn’kaye Christie (Levi Phillips 62), Nathan Daley (Ahkeem Belford 69), Jamarie Brissett (George Ademiluyi 69), Mo Sahnoun (Abz Sahnoun 52),

Daryl Coleman (Nathan Daley 88), Mark Waters (Pharrell Mensah 52), Jake Rose (Sinn’kaye Christie 75), Danny Williams (Kelvin Adjei 62), Kladji Cani (Dontai Stewart 47)



Tuesday 18th August                                                                            Tooting & Mitcham 2 Tooting Bec 1 


Tooting were in pre-season action again on Tuesday evening, once again taking on Combined Counties League opposition, this time in the shape of our friends and tenants from Tooting Bec .

If The Terrors thought they were in for an easy ride though following Saturday’s comfortable victory over Chessington & Hook, they were very much mistaken as they made hard work of trying to overcome a well organized and determined opposition.

After about a quarter of an hour there was a guilt edged chance for Kelvin Adjei to put the Terrors in front however he dragged his effort across the face of goal and wide of the far post from a difficult angle. Tooting did take the lead though after 20 minutes when Kladji Cani ended up in a chase with the Bec substitute ‘keeper for a through ball. The Bec ‘keeper appeared to get there first but miscued his clearance leaving the Tooting striker with the simple task of steering the ball into an empty net. Despite plenty of possession and pressure The Terrors were unable to add to the score before the break, HT: Tooting Bec 0, TMUFC 1


Tooting doubled their lead on 56 minutes when new boy Jake Rose struck home from the edge of the box however as had been the case in the first half, The Terrors were unable to capitalize further on their advantage. In fact the last quarter of an hour of the match probably belonged to the Combine Counties side as they pulled a goal bacon 75 minutes with an unchallenged header at the near post from a free kick out on their right hand side. They continued to press for the equalizer throughout the remainder of the game however the Terrors held on for the narrow victory.

TMUFC line up; Gary Ross (James Shaw 61), Dean Hambin (Nathan Daley 61), Sinn’kaye Christie (Dean Hamblin 75), Ahkeem Belford, Billy Brown (Abz Sahoun 70), George Ademiluyi (Mo Sahnoun 70), Daryl Coleman (Dontai Stewart 61), Jake Rose (Dominic Odusanya 66), Mark Waters (Daryl Coleman 75), Kelvin Adeji (Danny Williams 66), Kladji Cani

Saturday 15th August                                                          Chessington & Hook 0 Tooting & Mitcham 6

Some six or seven weeks later than usual, The Terrors finally kicked off their pre-season schedule with a game against Combined Counties League side, Chessington & Hook; a game played on their training pitch at Chalky Lane, and as dictated by current Government and FA guidelines, a game like all pre-season friendlies scheduled for August, played behind closed doors.


Tooting, led by newly appointed Club Captain, Daryl Coleman, got off to a solid enough start against a physically strong and battling Chessington side, who also showed that they could pass the ball too when the opportunity arose. Tooting found the back of the net as early as the 14th minute however Daryl Coleman’s excellently struck free kick from just outside the box was ruled out by the referee as a Tooting player had attached himself to the end of the defensive wall, something that’s not been permitted since the beginning of last season. Tooting found the net again on 28 minutes when Danny Williams poked the ball home from close range but once again the effort was ruled out, this time for offside, following some good work down the left hand side by Jamarie Brissett. A minute later though The Terrors finally went in front with a legitamate goal after Danny Williams had shrugged off a challenge to set up Duncan Culley who struck the ball home from inside the penalty area. In less than two minutes, Tooting had doubled their lead, this time, the goal coming as a result of a superb strike from Jamarie Brissett which flew past everyone and into the back of the net. Whilst this put the hosts on the back foot, they had an excellent opportunity to bring themselves back in the game after Abz Sahnoun had given the ball away down Tooting’s right hand side. Fortunately, fast improving young centre back, Ahkeem Belford, was on hand to make the goal line clearance. Two minutes from the break, Dan Williams once again showed his strength with a great solo run and finishing shot from the edge of the box to give the Terrors a 3-0 advantage at half time. HT: Chessington & Hook 0, TMUFC 3.


Tooting started the second half strongly and 11 minutes in they extended their lead further from the penalty spot after another run from Dan Williams was brought to an end when he was taken down just inside the penalty box. Duncan Culley then stepped up to take the spot kick, sending the ‘keeper the wrong and making it 4-0 to The Terrors. The middle period of the second half saw a number of substitutions and Tooting had to wait until the 69th minute before scoring their fifth when Kladji Cani slotted home from inside the penalty area after the Chessington ‘keeper appeared to have needlessly given the ball away. As the game came to a conclusion Tooting won themselves a corner out on the left. The ball was struck at pace into the six yard box by Donati Stewart, where it was met by the forehead of centre back Sinn’kaye Christie who powered the ball into the back of the net with what turned out to be the final “kick” of the match. FT: Chessington & Hook 0, TMUFC 6


TMUFC line up;

James Shaw (Morgan Campbell 68), Nathan Daley (Dean Hamblin 58), Sinn’kaye Christie, Ahkeem Belford, Abz Sahnoun (George Ademiluyi 58), Mo Sahnoun (Billy Brown 58), Daryl Coleman (Pharrell Mensah 69), Dominic Odusanya (Mark Waters 69), Danny Williams (Kladji Cani 65), Jamarie Brissett (Dontai Stewart 65), Duncan Culley (Kelvin Adeji 65)